Executive Assistant to Director
Executive Assistant to Director required in IIM-A
Executive Assistant to Director is required in Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad
DETAILS for Executive Assistant to Director vacancy:-
- This role is a key position for the Institute.
- The Executive Assistant would support the Director in his various activities, which include strategic planning, outreach, management, administration, and responding to requests.
- He should assume a fast-paced and entrepreneurial approach to his responsibilities.
- He must be able to handle a multitude of tasks, with short and long-term objectives having at times, competing and conflicting levels of priority.
- He will function as Director’s liaison to external and internal constituencies, including the public; the press; government; the board; alumni; academic, business, and non-academic institutions; and programs, areas, centers, and committees in the Institute.
- He will coordinate the Director’s interactions with functionaries, faculty, staff, and individuals from various walks of life in a manner that is consistent with the overall strategy of engagement.
- He will represent the Director and the Institute in your interactions and must exemplify the Institute’s culture in your actions.
- His work will often be of strategic and delicate nature, requiring utmost professionalism and confidentiality.
All the activities require extensive, sensitive, and confidential handling, conducted as per guidelines from the Director.
- Supporting the Director in his work.
- Arrange, prepare for, collate and organize information pertinent to, and selectively participate in internal and external meetings, and monitor follow-up action.
- Conduct extensive online and off-line research, often on fast moving and complex issues.
- Compose and develop outlines and presentations for talks, events, agendas and correspondence for special events, meetings, and activities.
- Handle special projects for the Director.
- Facilitate the Director’s engaging effectively with various constituencies.
- Coordinate efforts of Director’s secretariat to provide seamless, efficient, and effective high quality service.
- Oversee internal and external communications, including face-to-face, electronic, and social media.
- Arrange, coordinate and prioritize complex scheduling and logistics.
- Provide coverage – answer urgent queries, prioritize requests and needs, handle urgent and important needs with appropriate care and speed.
- Redirect inquiries to other departments, if required, and ensure they are followed through.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALITIES:-
- Excellent organizational ability and outstanding problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to excel, show initiative, and take ownership of tasks and issues
- Untiring attitude, dedication, and ability to work at long hours
- A dynamic working style as a collaborator and a team player
- Ability to think strategically, see the “big picture,” recognize impact of decisions on the operation and image of the Institute, and pay attention to details
REPORTING TO: Director
- This position offers an opportunity to work closely with the Director and learn and grow. It requires an untiring commitment and sense of purpose.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Post graduate in any discipline (equivalent to MBA). Relevant professional experience is valued. Knowledge of Institute will be helpful. Alumni of Institute are encouraged to apply.
SALARY & ALLOWANCES:
- Selected candidate will be offered a fixed term appointment for a period of three years on a consolidated monthly salary on CTC mode.
Note: Interested and eligible wishing for the post of Executive Assistant to Director, IIM should apply latest by 25-Feb-2015 by 6:00 p.m. For details click here.
For On-line application, click here to apply