IES AND ISS EXAMINATION 2015
POST DESCRIPTION: IES and ISS Examination 2015 being held by Union Public Service Commission will commence from 23rd May, 2015 in accordance with the rules applied by the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation.
The IES and ISS Examination 2015 will be held in the following centres: –
Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttak, Delhi, Dispur, Hydrabad, Jaipur, Jammu, KOLKATA, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Shillong, Thiruvanan-Thapuram
ELIGIBILITY CONDITONS: IES AND ISS EXAMINATION 2015
- Nationality: A candidate must be either:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appoint-ment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
- Age Criteria for IES and ISS Examination 2015: Candidate age must be between 21 years and 32 years for Geologist, Geophysicist & Chemist posts, between 21 years and 35 years for Jr Hydrogeologist posts.
- Age Relaxation for IES and ISS Examination 2015:
- 5 years in case of SC/ST candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
- Age is additionally relaxable by 5 years for those applicants who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989
- 3 years for Defence Services personnel (disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof)
- 5 years in case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs
- 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopedically handicapped persons
- Educational Qualification for IES and ISS Examination 2015:
- For Geologists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: Masters Degree in Geological Science or Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology from a university incorporated by an Act of the central or State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- For Geophysicists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- For Chemists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956) i.e. recognized University.
- For Junior Hydro geologists (Scientist-B) Group ‘A’ in Central Ground Water Board: Masters Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or marine Geology from a from a university incorporated by an Act of the central or State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or Masters Degree in Hydrogeology from a recognised university.
- Physical standards:
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Examination as per the regulations specified in the examination notification.
GUIDELINES FOR IES AND ISS EXAMINATION 2015
- The centres and the date of IES and ISS Examination 2015 are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission.
- Centres will be allocated on the “first-apply-first-allot” basis and once the capacity of a particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants are, thus advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
- Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned websites.
- In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature’s etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
- LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF FORM FOR IES and ISS Examination 2015: 20th March, 2015 till 11.59 p.m. after which the link will be disabled.
For further details on IES and ISS Examination 2015, interested candidates should visit the UPSC official website. Click here.