Short Service Commission MBBS Vacancies
Short Service Commission (SSC), Indian Army
Applications are invited from Indian citizens both male and female, who have passed their final MBBS (Part-I & II) examinations in first or second attempt and completed internship, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services. Applicants who have taken more than two chances in final MBBS (Part I & II) Examination are not eligible to apply.
Total no. of vacancies: 400 (Four Hundred)
Qualification for applying to post offered by Short Service Commission (SSC):
- Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule of IMC Act 1956. The applicant must have permanent registration from any State Medical Council/MCI.
- Post graduate degree/diploma holders e.g. MD/MS/MCh/DM/DNB/DLO/DOMS/DA may also apply.
Note: Only those candidates who have completed/will be completing their internship on or before 31 Mar 2015 need to apply.
AGE LIMIT: The candidate must not have attained 45 years of age as on 31 Dec 2015.
TENURE OF ENGAGEMENT for post offered by Short Service Commission (SSC):
(a) FOR FRESH CANDIDATES:
The tenure of SSC officers is of 05 years, extendable by another 09 years in two spells first of 05 years and second of 04 years, for those who are willing to continue, subject to availability of vacancies and meeting the laid down eligibility criteria for grant of extension as per extant policy.
(b) FOR EX AMC CANDIDATES:-
(i) Candidates released from AMC service on expiry of initial contractual period of five years will only be considered for grant of commission in AMC for second tenure.
(ii) Candidates released after expiry of 10 years of SSC service will not be considered for grant of commission in AMC for second spell of four years of extendable tenure.
Note: Candidates already released from AMC service on resignation/ premature retirement will not be considered for commission in AMC.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE: for Short Service Commission (SSC) vacancy
- Online applications will open from 09 MARCH 2015 TO 31 MARCH 2015
- Click here for details.
- Visit the official website. Click here.
- Click on the “NEW REGISTRATION” button and follow the steps on the website.
- The form and documents should be forwarded to following address within 10 days of the submission of online application form.
DGAFMS/DG-1A , Ministry of Defence,
‘M’ Block, Room No. 60, Church Road,
APPLICATION PROCESSING FEE (APF):
A fee of Rs. 200/‐ will be charged from the applicants towards application processing. The requisite amount is required to be paid at the end of the application submission through online payment (Internet banking/Credit Card/Debit Card). No other mode of payment is accepted.